Welp, 2021 has come and gone. Truth be told, this was one of the hardest years I’ve experienced in a long time. I won’t go into all the dirty details because it’s boring and plenty of other people had it much, much worse. Plus, it seems we’re all sick of bitching about last year.
As I scan the news this morning, it’s hard to feel optimistic about 2022. It’s so easy to get stuck in that doom ’n gloom when that’s all they seem to focus on. Blech.
In the past year, I’ve dialed back on social media and I no longer watch the news. I’ll read the news because at least I don’t have to hear the newscaster’s voice or tone, which always tends to be snarky or alarmist. I can make things anxious just fine on my own without that in the background.
Despite all the reasons they’re giving me to be future-tripping, I’m an optimist at heart. I like to find the good or humorous around me, even when I’m being handed a crusty piece of life lesson pie. (Did you know I actually hate pie? True story!)
So I’m looking ahead, counting my blessings, and getting excited about some things on the horizon. Here are all the things I’m looking forward to in 2022:
1. I will have two more books under my belt, bringing the total to eight! The newest babies: Twist Your Fate and Create Your Own Tarot Cards, which is a joint project with artist Adrianne Hawthorne of Ponnopozz!
2. A small event in May. I’m not traveling at all next year but Chicago is close – so this wee gathering will be fun and less risky. Details coming soon!
3. More time off. I cleared space in my calendar last year and it did me good. This year, I’m making more spaciousness in my life so I can write and create.
4. More quality time with the family. This is so, so important to me. One of my loved ones is dealing with a life-threatening illness, which means our time together is precious. Every moment counts.
5. New classes. I’m teaching my face off on Patreon but also partnering up with Hierophant Publishing for two more specials for beginners. You can learn about the tarot class here. Other details coming later.
6. Home renovation. We have some long-overdue projects around here and that will become my main focus for the next year (perfect since Saturn is hanging in my 4th house!).
7. Reading all the books. I have an ever-changing stack of books by my side. I read more books in 2021 than I have in eons. I want to keep this up!
8. Cooking new things. I love trying new recipes – and there are a bunch I’m eyeing up.
9. Photography hobby. I’ve always loved photography and I’m too bad at it. I want to make more time for this – and learn how to work my camera better. With more time in my calendar, perhaps I can get serious.
Those are the things getting me excited at the moment. What about you? Is there anything you’re grooving on?
Oh – and Happy New Year!
Grasses in the wind.
Get ready for tomorrow’s New Moon in Capricorn with this cool post: New Moon in Capricorn 2022- and Tarot Readings for Each Zodiac Sign.
Celebrate legend Betty White: 7 Betty White Movies and TV Shows You Can Stream Right Now.
I love the song Lisa Stardust picked for Gemini! Check ’em all out: Songs to Manifest the Best 2022, Based On Your Zodiac Sign.
Been having some freaky dreams lately: Do dreams mean anything? Why do I feel like I’m falling? Or wake up paralyzed? We asked experts.
I want to learn how to do the splits: Meet The Flexibility Coach Who Taught Lizzo How To Do The Splits.
Nina Kahn has everything you need to know: How January’s New Moon Will Affect Your Zodiac Sign.
Sarah Potter delivers the goods: Your 2022 Tarot Card Reading is Here.
Some great suggestions: 15 Books About Mental Health That Everyone Should Read.
Eminem has a restaurant? YES: One Night at Mom’s Spaghetti.
Oooh this looks great: A Haunted Road Atlas: Sinister Stops, Dangerous Destinations, and True Crime Tales.
And this just came out: Your Intuition Led You Here: Daily Rituals for Empowerment, Inner Knowing, and Magic.
Get your kids off the screen this year with Tarot For Kids – they’ll love it!
Tarot: No Questions Asked: Mastering the Art of Intuitive Reading has many of the lessons I’ve used with my students over the years. If you want to learn how to read tarot, this is where to begin.
If you prefer to listen to your tarot lessons, check this out: Tarot: No Questions Asked: Mastering the Art of Intuitive Reading is available as an audiobook.
Ready to learn astrology in 2022? Get Astrology for Real Life: A Workbook for Beginners (A No B.S. Guide for the Astro-Curious) and get your study on!
The Uncommon Tarot: A Contemporary Reimagining of an Ancient Oracle is a gorgeous, global tarot deck. If you want a new spin, get your hands on this one!
Now that we’re stuck inside due to the wintry weather, quiet activities like coloring are soothing. The Tarot Coloring Book is the ideal book for coloring and learning tarot!
Life can be hard but this book can help: Tarot For Troubled Times.
Get your pre-orders ready: Create Your Own Tarot Cards: A step-by-step guide to designing a unique and personalized tarot deck and Twist Your Fate: Manifest Success with Astrology and Tarot. (I’ve been busy!)
Calling all Tarot beginners! If you’re a newbie—and barely know anything about Tarot—this class is for you: Tarot For Beginners Live Video Workshop. A four-part series to get you started reading with confidence!
Join my Patreon Community! I am serving up extended card of the day interpretations, astrological tidbits, community tarot practice, political astrology, early sneak peeks to horoscopes, Hot Dates…and more. Higher tiers get access to live classes, replays of previous classes, mentoring, and more.
What I’m Grateful For:
More time for love
Support when you need it most
Soundtrack for 1/1/22
Don’t Start Now by Dua Lipa (thanks Lisa!)
© Theresa Reed | The Tarot Lady 2022
images from stock photography