What is the Dark Moon? The Dark Moon is the period where the Moon does not reflect sunlight towards the earth. This occurs a day or two before the New Moon arrives. The Dark Moon is not visible in the sky – when the small sliver crescent begins to come into view, that’s when we know the New Moon is here.
This is a time for rest, reflection, meditation, and soul searching. It’s good for turning inward and asking yourself: what do I want? Use the information you gather to set intentions for the New Moon. This day (or days) is also ideal for banishing work. What do you want to release? That stagnant relationship? Those self-limiting beliefs? That awful argument you just had with a loved one? Let it go so you can welcome the things you really want.
Good questions for reflecting:
- What am I ready and willing to let go of?
- What is no longer working in my life?
- In what ways am I holding myself back from having the life I want?
- What shadow beliefs do I need to confront?
- What goals could I set right now?
- What new habits and thoughts might move me towards my goals?
- What do I want to receive?
- What am I ready and willing to welcome into my life?
Sit with these questions for a spell – and then journal your answers. Take a few slow, deep breaths. As you exhale, envision yourself releasing the things you no longer want in your life. As you inhale, see yourself receiving the things you want. Continue this breath work and visualization for a few minutes until you feel calm, clear, and ready.
This is powerful, healing work – and a good way to begin creating energy for the life you want.
© Theresa Reed | The Tarot Lady 2018
Psst…here’s a wonderful and totally free workbook featuring these exercises:
image from stock photography, workbook designed by Jess Akin