Want to achieve business bossmosis but worried you don’t have the cheddar or extra minutes to spare?
Business ballin’ doesn’t need to cost a sweet fortune nor does it need to cut into your precious play time. In fact, there are some surprisingly easy ways to move your biz mojo from ho hum to dayum!
Here’s a checklist of painless and inexpensive ways to max out your street cred, up your game and smooth your moves like a true shot caller:
- Organize – running a business requires a lot of order in da house. My favorite way of making sure I get my to-do’s to-done is as simple as loading a free app to my cell phone. I use Todoist (another option is Asana which links right to gmail and is great for any project involving a team). This app is connected to all my gadgets which means my to-do list is always at my side, ready for checking off as my tasks are completed. Set your list each morning and have fun clicking done! (I am also a big fan of “Reminders” which allows me to set an alarm and connect to locations – so if I need to pick up ink, that sucka goes off when I’m close to Office Depot. Technology rules!)
- Pretty Up – your blog needs good graphics to really make it pop. But what about those of us who are Photoshop-lame? I’m one of those people. I discovered Picmonkey and my life has never been the same. Easy tools for resizing images, jazzing up pics and even adding some smokin’ hot text! Picmonkey is also hella cheap – you can use the free version or for only 39 smackeroos a year, you get access to more killer tools. Much less expensive than Photoshop and easy enough for a monkey like me to use. Heh heh….
- Gratitude – send handwritten thank you notes to your very best clients. This takes a minimum of effort but it lets your clients know that you appreciate their business. Remember: without them, you have no business. Show ‘em some love!
- Reward – if you hire people, you have to treat yo peeps right. A small gift card for a coffee at Starbucks or some sweet iTunes shows your crew that you are a righteous and grateful boss. Little gestures mean a lot for the people who help you maintain your empire. If you are short on bread, a nice thank you, a well deserved day off or a public shout out are all good moves too.
- Protect – you know you need to back up your important stuff but who wants to lug out that clunky external hard drive? Get a subscription to Mozy and let it happen naturally in the background like a secret back up genie. At less than six bucks a month, this keeps your precious writings and data totally safe. You never know when some computer snafu could throw a wrench in your business (hello Mercury retrograde!). Don’t let that happen to you.
- Feedback – want constructive criticism on your business? Invite a valued client to lunch. While you rap over salads and Perrier, use that time to pick their brain for insights into what you are doing well, what they’d like to see, and what issues you may be overlooking. I do this once a year and it has been one of the best ways to get clarity on what my peeps want.
- Brand – always include a snazzy signature in your emails complete with your website address, social media links and phone number. This makes it easy for people to connect with your entire business hub and is a stealthy way to promote your stuff with every email you send out. You can set this up easily in your email client – or you can use an app like Wisestamp if you prefer a fancy pants solution (it’s free!).
A savvy Bo$$ is always on the hunt for ways to keep the team motivated, the clients happy and the costs down.
With a few street smart moves, you’ll be dominating your game, having more time for yo’ self and putting plenty of that hard earned cabbage back into your pocket.
“I was forced to be an artist and a CEO from the beginning, so I was forced to be like a businessman because when I was trying to get a record deal, it was so hard to get a record deal on my own that it was either give up or create my own company.” ~ Jay Z
© Theresa Reed | The Tarot Lady 2013
image from stock photography
Looking for more inexpensive and fly ways to jazz up your biz? Check out my Mystical Mogul Tip Of The Day!
What are some of your slickest, most cost effective or time saving biz tips? Share dat fly wisdom in the comment section below, Bo$$: