Tarot Bytes: The Podcast
Bite-sized lessons for Tarot beginners
Created by Theresa Reed, The Tarot Lady
Welcome to Tarot Bytes – the tarot podcast for people who want to learn tarot…but don’t have all day. Short, bite-sized tarot lessons.
Episode 159 – Six Things To Avoid When Reading Tarot
A few years back I wrote a blog post about six mistakes tarot readers make. I thought we might want to visit that again here on the podcast. Here are the six things to avoid when reading tarot:
1. Depending too much on the “little white book.” At some point, you gotta ditch the training wheels.
2. Becoming enamored with your newfound “powers.” It’s not about you – it’s about serving the client.
3. Giving a prediction without strategies to change the outcome. If the outcome looks dicey, you need to show what can be done to navigate the situation.
4. Not keeping healthy boundaries. Boundaries keep you sane.
5. Taking on the role of a doctor, therapist or lawyer. Leave that to the professionals.
6. Thinking you got it all down. Keep learning, always.
What do you think? Are there things that readers should consider before tossing those cards? How might this information apply differently to pros versus newbie readers? If you had to think about the one big mistake you’ve made when reading tarot, what might that be? More importantly, what did you learn from that?
Grab your favorite deck, put in your earbuds, and dive in!
© Theresa Reed | The Tarot Lady 2020
Check out all previous Tarot Bytes lessons here.