As I write this blog post, I’m high up in the sky, heading to Los Angeles to teach at 22 Teachings, the hot new metaphysical spot run by Naha Armády. If you’ve been in my world for a while, you might know that I’m an anxious flyer. After a bad experience years ago, I have to do everything possible to ensure that I stay calm when I’m cruising through the clouds.
Here’s my latest list of comforts that ensure I’m an easy flyer:
- I schedule most of my flights early in the morning. My yoga student Suzy said that if you take the first flight out, your plane is usually waiting for you at the gate, stacking the odds in your favor that you’ll leave on time.
- If possible, I get non-stop. It reduces my anxiety ten-fold.
- Hypnosis recordings help me feel chill. Grace Space is my fave!
- I have TSA Pre-Check, which allows me to breeze through the long lines like a rockstar. It is so worth the money. I’m upgrading to global for my trip to Italy.
- Speaking of that, my daughter told me about this app, which allows you to move through customs without the long wait in line. Pop in your information on your return flight and bada bing! You’re in!
- I log into WiFI if it’s available. This way, I can keep my mind occupied with reading the news, texting my kids, or getting work done…like I’m doing now.
- Lastly, I bring great snacks on the plane and a book to read. On this flight, I brought Sahale nuts – and The Busy Woman’s Guide To Writing a World Changing Book.
These are my latest ways of managing my fear of flying. If you’re a scaredy-pants flyer like I am, let me know how these work out for you!
This sweet Aries Full Moon rising in the sky reminds me of why it’s worth traveling, no matter how anxious it makes me.
Get in the know: Full Moon in Aries 2019 – and Tarot Readings for Each Zodiac Sign.
Looking for the perfect planner? Look no more! Susan Hyatt’s Go Time Planner is the biggest, baddest, and BEST. Also: I did the astro-dates so you’ll be ready to max out the cosmos! YAY!
Get behind this: How To Support Birth Control Access On Social Media & Beyond.
This is unacceptable: High Uranium Levels Found In Women From Navajo Nation.
Love lines: Your Astrological Guide to Venus in Your Birth Chart.
If you’re wondering what the void-of-course Moon is all about, I’ve got you covered in the latest Astrology Bytes.
From Well+ Good: I took a course in mental health first aid – and this is what I learned.
3am Tarot wrote a beautiful review of Tarot For Troubled Times. I am SO honored and humbled!
From Brow Beat: Gemini Man Is Actually a Libra.
You can pre-order Benebell Wen’s 2020 Metaphysician’s Day Planner now!
And you can pre-order the Angels and F Bombs Oracle deck from Andrew Barker now too!
Oooh look at this: The Starseed Oracle: A 53-Card Deck and Guidebook.
This tarot deck looks gorgeous: Forest of Enchantment Tarot.
I’m crazy about crystal anything: Cosmic Crystals: Rituals and Meditations for Connecting With Lunar Energy.
Did you get your copy of The Spells Deck: 78 Charms, Remedies, and Rituals for the Modern Mystic yet?
This looks right up my alley: Muse with the Moon: Spark Your Creativity and Self-Reflection with the Help of the Lunar Cycle.
Yeah it is: Stillness Is the Key.
This new book from astrologer Catherine Urban looks uh-may-zing: Your Astrological Cookbook: The Perfect Recipe for Every Sign.
For tarot newbies who need a hands-on approach: The Tarot Coloring Book
Tarot For Troubled Times is a book on tarot, self-care, and activism. Heavy on the self-care part.
It’s finally here and folks are loving it up: Astrology for Real Life: A Workbook for Beginners (A No B.S. Guide for the Astro-Curious). If you ever wanted to learn astrology, this is for YOU.
THIS WEEKEND! October 12, 2019: Crash Course in Tarot. Where: 22 Teachings, Los Angeles. What time: 12 PM – 2 PM. Cost: $40.00. All the details are here.
THIS WEEKEND! October 13, 2019: Crash Course in Astrology. Where: 22 Teachings in Los Angeles. What time: 12 PM – 2 PM. Cost $40.00. All the details are here.
November 16, 2019: Q&A and book signing at Ascended Gifts. Time: 5:30 PM. Books will be available for purchase. Where: 6728 W. Morgan Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53220. FREE! Call 1-414-321-0801 for details.
May 10-16, 2020: The Tuscany Tarot Intensive. Where: Italy! A full week of tarot immersion. The only live tarot class I plan on teaching next year. Spots are limited.
What I’m Grateful For:
Reliable cat sitters
Work outs with friends
Being by the ocean
Soundtrack for 10/12/19:
JT First Day Out by City Girls
© Theresa Reed | The Tarot Lady 2019
images from stock photography and personal collection