One beautiful evening two years ago, I was sitting on a lanai in Hawaii, listening to the sounds of cooing birds, rushing waterfalls, and croaking coqui frogs. I don’t think I’ve ever been more at peace.
I remember thinking how wonderful this moment of ease felt. For much of my life, I had been in constant motion, running multiple businesses while caring for loved ones, and writing until my knuckles cramped. I didn’t know how to relax. I only knew how to work – and work hard. That moment in Hawaii changed me. I made up my mind that I needed to make some changes soon so I could enjoy more of my life instead of spinning in the hamster wheel.
Also, I am getting older and my body doesn’t want to cooperate with me like it used to. If I want to function well, I need early bedtimes and tons of self-care. Hawaii made me realize that too.
When I got home, I slowly started to implement a few changes to make my life easier.
Here’s what I did:
1. I hired an assistant to handle my emails. My inbox is a gnarly place and I often get stuck there for hours at a time. Having someone else deal with those emails frees me to do things I want or need to do.
2. There are some emails I have to answer but now I have limits on how much time I spend doing that. I take a few minutes in the morning and before I close shop. I keep those emails as short as possible and if they’re not urgent, they can wait until I have the bandwidth.
3. I have a house cleaning team come once a month to spruce up the joint. I still do the majority of the cleaning around here, but a monthly service makes a huge difference.
4. I get my cat litter delivered to the house. My cat uses a special crystal litter – which isn’t available in most of the closest stores. This means I usually ended up taking a whole morning just to go to the other side of town to grab a few bags. Now, it comes to me.
5. My hands are arthritic, which means it’s hard to open jars and other such things. I’ve purchased a few gadgets to help me do small tasks with ease. My favorite is this bottle opener. It works like a charm!
6. I also have an arthritic knee, which sucks since I live in a home with lots of stairs. I got one of those copper knee braces – and it has changed my world. While the knee is still wonky, at least I can move around with comfort. Yay!
I’m sure there are more things I’ll be subtracting or adding to my life to make it easier. What about you? What could you do today to ease up your life?
The last bloom of summer.
I was blown away to see my book on this list over at Bustle: 10 Astrology Books To Keep On Your Bookshelf.
Check out this fascinating podcast from Mawiyah Bomani: How do I tarot, black mirror scry, and Obi Divine? Come find out!!!
I can’t stop staring at them: True romance: Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly are Hollywood’s hottest new power couple.
Sarah Selecky answers the question: Should you read your own book reviews?
A heartbreaking read: This Is What Happens When Your Rapist Dies In Prison.
I’m Fire: Do You Know Your Support Language?
Great question: How Much Work Are You Really Supposed to Do at Work?
Check out the new tarot deck from Cosmopolitan and Sarah Potter: Hello, We Made a Tarot Deck.
I want to read this: A Year of Mystical Thinking: Make Life Feel Magical Again.
Helpful for the change: Menopause Yoga.
Might want this one: The F*ck It Diet: Eating Should Be Easy.
Kids are naturally intuitive. Help your child learn to trust their gut with Tarot For Kids.
If you’ve lost that sixth sense feeling, get it back with Tarot: No Questions Asked: Mastering the Art of Intuitive Reading.
If you prefer to listen to your tarot lessons, I’ve got your back: Tarot: No Questions Asked: Mastering the Art of Intuitive Reading is available as an audiobook.
I’ve been studying astrology for over 40 years. This is the book I wish I had when I started: Astrology for Real Life: A Workbook for Beginners (A No B.S. Guide for the Astro-Curious).
The Uncommon Tarot: A Contemporary Reimagining of an Ancient Oracle is a gorgeous inclusive deck from Shaheen Miro (and yours truly!).
I cannot believe The Tarot Coloring Book is almost 5 years old! WOW. Where did that time go?
Sometimes like sucks. Learn how to deal with Tarot For Troubled Times – a gentle book with rituals, magic, and tarot.
Join my Patreon Community! I am serving up extended card of the day interpretations, astrological tidbits, community tarot practice, political astrology, early sneak peeks to horoscopes, Hot Dates…and more. Higher tiers get access to live classes, replays of previous classes, mentoring, and more.
What I’m Grateful For:
A working furnace
Time to breathe
Writing writing writing
Soundtrack for 10/16/21:
741Hz Emotional Detox ✤ Emotional Well Being ✤ Manifest Miracles ✤ 432Hz Attraction <-I put this on in the background – it soothes my nerves!
© Theresa Reed | The Tarot Lady 2021
images from stock photography